R uses commands
- Two parts of commands in R: objects and functions and these are separated by ‘ <- ‘, means ‘is created from’.
- Objects: could be a single or collections of variable (s), stat model.
- Functions: things that I do in R to create my objects
- For example, object <- function = object is created from function.
- Concatenate function c() : make groups together
- Importing Data: most commonly used R-friendly formats are tab-delimted text(.txt in Excel and .dat in SPSS)
- I can put more than one command on a single line if I prefer.
- R is case sensitive: capital letter and small letter
Here are some useful links for R
Vector support machines (April recommended during the WS)
Support vector machine in R (useful article-April recommended)
pslcdatashop.web.cmu.edu (can share data-April recommended)
MOOC (Coursera): R programming (4 weeks): Jul/7-Aug/4, 2014
A. Field, J. Miles, Z. Field (2012). Discovering Statistics using R. Sage.